Additional Content Download
Ahead of SCADA 2017 we chat to Dr. Elena Sitnikova, Critical Infrastructure Protection Research Leader at the Australian Centre for Cyber Security.
Elena discusses the risks automation poses to SCADA legacy systems and highlights the points on internet of things (IoT) for industrial systems. She describes a shifting focus to cyber-physical systems that require balancing machine to machine interaction (M2M) towards human-machine interactions and delves into potential tools and solutions to protect networks from unauthorised access and attacks.
- Why has WITS decided to focus on IoT?
- WITS IoT?
- A discussion of the benefits and challenges of WITS-IoT versus WITS-DNP3
- Understanding where network interdependencies create the most vulnerabilities
- Operating SCADA under the assumption that it is insecure and continuing under this persistent threat
- Using computational intelligence to mend the internet’s underlying insecurity and thus making it safer for SCADA to operate over
Want to fast track your attendence to the SCADA Summit 2018? It's easy! Simply fill in the registration form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Creating Business-wide Efficiencies by Utilising Virtual Tags to Extract Additional Value from Archived Data
Ahead of the SCADA Summit 2018 we chat to Dr. Peter Prevos, Manager of Data Science at Coliban Water. In this article Peter chats to us about Coliban Water’s newly developed virtual tag system. These tags extract, analyse and report on data available through SCADA, providing Coliban Water with a clearer contextual backdrop for analysis.
Ahead of the SCADA Summit 2018 we chat to Mike Wassell, Operational Technology Services Manager at Sydney Water. In this article Mike discusses some of the challenges affecting modern SCADA operations and delves into the technologies and innovations Sydney Water is utilising to help build resilience and secure SCADA networks for the future.